Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Laurel Burch Earrings



When I close my eyes and think of the early 90's, I see Laurel Burch.  

If you're not familiar with Laurel Burch, she was a talented artist who applied her paintings to jewelry, home decor and other collectibles. She also really loved cats.  

My mom loved Laurel Burch jewelry. Lucky for me, Laurel also loved flowers and abstract designs, or I'd be walking around with cats dangling from my ears. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. It's just not really my thing).  

I adore these black and gold square earrings and the care Laurel took to name each design ("Naito" in this case).  It's like walking around with little pieces of art on my ears.  

So much better than cats.  

Wild Lily

Laurel Burch

Flowers

Fanciful Felines

Garden Rose

1 comment:

  1. My mother passed away recently and she LOVED Laurel Burch.... I remember watching her "live mermaid" display in the window of one of her studios/stores in California. My mother left me one pair of her earrings and thankfully they were not "huge cats" either... I now also love Laurel burch and am glad to find someone who does as well :) Take care.

    ReplyDelete