Thursday, April 14, 2011

In Place of Pearls



I could write a post each day this week on the merit of pearls.  Fresh water, Mabe, Majorca. I wore pearls to my first job interview (with an Ann Taylor twin set no less). So original.  

I'm sure you have a set or two of pearls tucked away in your drawer or jewelry box. They are the LBD of jewelry. Classic, simple and understated. Timeless.  I have nothing bad to say about pearls. But sometimes you just want a punch of color.  


These are vintage turquoise (borrowed from my mom of course) but plastic, glass or even fabric can be just as fun. Find them in droves at your local thrift shop or inexpensively at most retail stores.    

You can wear them alone or layer them with other beads or metal chains.  Go crazy and wear them with pearls. I love a good compromise.  

Textured Coral

Sherbert

No comments:

Post a Comment