Monday, April 11, 2011

The Etsy Purchase That Started It All


Blog friends, meet my bedroom.  Bedroom, blog friends.  And this red and white beauty is my first Etsy purchase ever.  

June 30, 2009.  I'm not one of those people with the crazy memories, I swear. Etsy saves all of your past purchases with detailed information.  

I was definitely not searching for a new bedspread.  Or a vintage one for that matter. But there she was in all her chenille glory.  Red and white with pom-pom trim.  I was weak.  

I called my mom (what I do when I want her to tell me it's okay to buy something I really don't need).  And we rationalized.  I had just moved into a new apartment.  I needed a lightweight bedspread.  My favorite color is red.  Pom-poms.  

We both agreed I should get it.  Let's be honest - we're talking about a bedspread.  I wasn't buying a whole new room.  And there were way less practical things I could have purchased. 

And that's how my long-term relationship with Etsy began.  The good news is that I'm starting to balance my purchases with sales.  It's good to have your Etsy karma in check.  Speaking of checking, you should check out VintageJane's shop.  She has some great things you never knew you needed.  


If I had more bedrooms to dress, I'd be keeping an eye on these:

Preppy pink and green

lovely whites

Spotted on Piewacket


The dogs are cute, too

Plaid and way less girly
Vase of flowers

Do you shop on Etsy?  What was your first purchase?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness these are so terrific! For a moment I was sort of hoping all the other images you linked were for sale on Etsy too, love the plaid one because it's less girly, chenile is pretty girly as it. :)

    Thank you for commenting on my blog, aren't the Sunday Brunch dresses so cute?

    xoxo
    Rodellee
    www.adorevintage.com

    ReplyDelete