Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sylvia's Black Purse



Every girl pines for the perfect LBD (little black dress), but what about a LBP?  Yep, a little black purse.  I inherited mine from my great aunt Sylvia.

Unfortunately, there were no tags inside so I didn't know anything about the bag. I did a little digging online and discovered that it's a vintage Ruth Saltz handbag from sometime in the 1970s.

Here are some more Ruth Saltz bags like mine:

Photo courtesy of Moodboard




LBP?  Who am I kidding.  The color doesn't matter at all.  The perfect go-to purse can be any color, size shape or material. 

Gold chain bag from Little Tuna

Patent bag from Dear Golden Vintage

Bright red vintage bag from La Boisita

Faux ostrich purse from Cherry Pick Vintage

Cashmere navy purse from the Red Velvet Shoe

Photo courtesy of Junkyard Doll

Do you have a vintage bag? What's your favorite go-to purse?

No comments:

Post a Comment