Monday, May 23, 2011

Knock Knock


Who's there? It's me, your delinquent blogger.  

I know I have been less than exciting over the last few weeks but I have been studying hard for the GMAT, which I took yesterday and now never have to think about ever again!  Whoo hoo!

Okay, enough about me.  How have you been?  Rummaging through someone's closet or your favorite thrift store, I hope.  Find anything good?  I'd love to hear about it!  Send me a photo of something you've borrowed and tell me its story, and I'll feature it here!  

Now on to the earrings...

I titled this post "Knock Knock" because these earrings remind me of mini door knockers.  They belonged to my great aunt and when I found them I feel in love immediately. Only they were clip-ons. Ugh. My earlobes turn bright red and cringe at the thought.  

I can't tell you how many pairs of clip-on earrings I have stumbled upon over the years looking so cute and retro and taunting me from behind the jewelry counter. Until now.  

I took these earrings to a local jeweler and had the clips replaced with posts.  $10 and I had myself a new favorite pair of earrings!  This may seem obvious to some of you, but I had honestly never even considered the possibility.  Just like the first time I went to a cobbler (please tell me you use a cobbler) and felt like I had finally been let in on the biggest secret.  

Now, I don't suggest you turn every pair of clip-on earrings into posts, but if you just have to have them or find some that have sentimental value like I did, it's totally worth the investment. I'm also sure you can shop around and find a better price, or try bundling a few repairs together and ask for a multiple-piece discount.  

Don't you just love a good secret? It's okay, you can pass this one on. Earlobes everywhere will thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment